In this podcast episode, I get to talk to my friend Telaina Eriksen about how she is able to write about grief and loss and death in her essays. I first met Telaina in 2008 when we both were in the Antioch University low-residency MFA program. I’ve been wanting to ask her about how she gets to these difficult places in her writing for a few years now, and this so-called podcast thingy gave me the chance… Join us for this delightful romp through grief and loss and death.
- Telaina’s essay about grief: Upright
- “Dear Sprite” essay can be found in Recovering the Self, Vol III, No. 2.
- “Incurring” in Two Hawks Quarterly
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion (FYI, this is a shameful amazon affiliate link, so if 500,000 of you buy this book, I’ll be sitting pretty…)
- Final six minutes of Six Feet Under (SPOILERAMA!)
- Telaina on Twitter: @TelainaE
- Telaina on Facebook: facebook.com/telaina