THE CREATIVE TURN
An audio and video series where I talk to creative people about transitions in their creative lives. Visit The Creative Turn for more information.
I’M A FAILED WRITER (& OTHER WRITING VIDEOS)
This is my (nearly) famous video series where I talk through my various writing insights and failures. Check out the Failed Writer page for a thumbnail view of all the videos. Or just click on a video below.
- Episode #14: Project Mismanagement
- Episode #13: Beyond Microsoft Word… Or Not
- Episode #12: Networking for the Cowardly and Terrified
- Episode #11: 10,000 Hours
- Episode #10: A Shitload of Lists
- Episode #09: Non-crappy Writing Groups
- Episode #08: Fresh Ways to Look at Your Crappy Writing
- Episode #07: Failing as a Failed Failure
- Episode #06: Obsession x Voice
- Episode #05: Writing in the Cold
- Episode #04: Literary Agents & Marketing
- Episode #03: The Bucket Writing Method
- Episode #02: Time Management
- Episode #01: Revisions
- Writing a Novel (when you’re too busy to write a novel)
- From Poop to Glimmer (about my original process — before having kids! — of how I submitted my work to literary magazines)
THE SCRIBBLING BUCKET VIDEOS
A short-lived video series where I talked (and scribbled) about anything I wanted.
- Episode #5: Too Hip for the Room (with George Carlin)
- Episode #4: Time-Based Sex
- Episode #3: The Failure of the Intended Story (with Thaisa Frank)
- Episode #2: Ponies Are Magic
- Episode #1: Obsessing (with Elizabeth McCracken)
- Episode #0: Hello. Sorry.
Link to the Scribbling Bucket page.
A BRILLIANT NOVEL IN THE WORKS VIDEOS
Here are some videos about my book (A BRILLIANT NOVEL IN THE WORKS):
Here are some of my sillier videos:
Here are some of my more overt how-to videos:
And if you’re thinking, “To hell with your organizational techniques! Just show me all the damn videos in reverse chronological order!” Well, that’s okay too.
Good luck. You’ll need it.